Greens Member for Newtown Jenny Leong MP has today announced the winners of the 11 projects that were successful in gaining funding through the 2017 NSW Community Building Partnership program. This funding provides financial support for community infrastructure projects to improve the facilities used by a range of organisations and groups within the electorate of Newtown.
Jenny Leong MP said:
“It is wonderful to see such a wide-range of local organisations and groups supported through these grants to deliver real improvements to community infrastructure.”
“From Surry Hills to Petersham this funding will see $283,961 invested in to our neighbourhoods refurbishing playgrounds, increasing accessibility, greening spaces and providing much needed enhancements to buildings.”
“I congratulate all of the recipients of the 2017 Community Building Partnerships Grants and look forward to working with them in 2018 to continue to support our diverse, vibrant, creative and inclusive community.”
Successful projects in the Newtown Electorate for 2017 include:
- $28,000.00 to Alfalfa House Community Food Co-operative in Enmore for shop refurbishments and improved energy efficiency.
- $35,000.00 to the Asylum Seekers Centre in Newtown for building upgrades
- $10,000.00 to Bobby Goldsmith Foundation in Surry Hills for a vehicle to deliver care and support for clients with HIV
- $15,000.00 to the Greek Welfare Centre in Newtown for upgrade to the office and improved storage spaces
- $26,200.00 to the Greek Orthodox Community Child Care Centre in Petersham for renovations to the children’s play space
- $13,288.00 to KU Children's Services in Petersham to replace the softfall in the children’s play spac
- $43,878.00 to New Theatre in Newtown to replace the air conditioners in the theatre.
- $11,447.00 to the Newtown Neighbourhood Centre to improve building security and public access
- $29,669.00 to Newtown Public School P&C for upgrades to the playground as Newtown Public School
- $16,750.00 to South Sydney Police Citizens Youth Club in Redfern for enhancements to club grounds and entry
- $54,729.00 to Souths Cares in Redfern for a minibus to deliver community programs.
If you are interested in hearing about the Community Building Partnership Grants in 2018 please do not hesitate to get in touch with our office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org