Expressions of Interest - Short Term Relief positions, Newtown Electorate Office
We are looking for some highly organised people with good political judgement and relevant experience to be relief staffers in the Newtown Electorate Office.
The short term relief positions will cover periods when our permanent staff are on leave or when there is significant increase in constituent work - which we are currently seeing now as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are a passionate, dedicated and high intensity team committed to serving the good people of the Newtown electorate as well as campaigning for significant social and environmental change.
The successful applicant/s will need to have:
- good grasp of the local area
- commitment to the principles of the Greens
- ability to handle incoming phone and email inquiries
- experience in casework, community service, or similar
- knowledge of public housing
- experience working with vulnerable communities
A full position description for an Electorate Officer is available here. The salary range for a full-time Electorate Officer is $64,779 - $72,418, subject to experience.
Please note, this is not an ongoing, full-time position, and as such would suit someone who is interested in flexible, part-time or occasional work due to other studying, family, artistic, or other commitments.
If you are interested in this role, please provide the following:
- A 2-page cover letter addressing your suitability / experience for the role (based on the essential and desirable criteria above) and your availability
- A resume
Expressions of Interest should be sent by 5pm, Sunday 12 September by email to [email protected] with the subject "Expression of Interest from [insert your full name]"