Sign the petition now
To Gladys Berejiklian - NSW Premier.
I ask that you protect renters and provide relief and assistance so that they are not left struggling to negotiate with landlords or cope with unaffordable rents and huge rent debts.
I want to see:
- A ban on evictions during COVID lockdowns
- No unfair 'No Grounds' or retaliatory evictions - now or in the future.
- Affordable rents - paying no more than 30% of your income means that the rent is affordable.
- No rent debt - no rental agreements that include the accumulation of rent debt.
- An emergency housing fund - to support people who’ve fallen through the gaps including those living in sharehouses, boarding houses, student accommodation, backpackers and informal housing arrangements and who are ineligible for income or other support.
Tell the Premier that renters need a better deal
Take a minute to send a message to the NSW government to ask that they act to urgently support and protect renters.
Renters need protection and support during this pandemic and beyond. Housing is a human right and everyone should have the right to a safe, secure and affordable place to live, especially at this time.
By taking this action you will be adding your voice to support renters who've lost their usual income, don’t know how to pay the rent, and are being unfairly burdened with trying to individually negotiate from a position of weakness.