M4-M5 Tunnel Route
This is the M4-M5 tunnel route map which allows you to zoom into your street address and see whether tunnelling will occur under your property and what the proposed depth of the tunnel will be. Just hold your mouse over your location and you will see the information appear in a pop out box.
If your home is directly above the tunnel route, the Government will compulsorily acquire the land underneath the property. You will be sent a Property Acquisition Notice (PAN) under the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991 before any tunnelling commences. This compulsory acquisition does not prevent a property owner from selling/buying/re-mortgaging their property.
You can contact RMS for more information about substratum acquisitions by calling (02) 8849 2308 during working hours.
Property precondition assessments
If your home is above or within 50 metres from the proposed tunnel, you should receive an offer for a free property pre and post condition assessment from the RMS. If you want more information about this and other information about the M4-M5 works you can find it here.
Independent Property Impact Assessment Panel
This panel is responsible for independently reviewing condition reports, resolution of property damage disputes and the establishment of ongoing settlement and vibration monitoring requirements. Either party can refer a dispute to the Panel with all costs borne by the RMS. For information on this panel contact RMS.
WestConnex Community Reference Groups
Local community members can have issues raised via the WestConnex Community Reference Group and the Inner West Council's WestConnex Community Liaison Forum meetings. You can contact the Inner West Council for more information on these groups.
Community groups such as the WestConnex Action Group, Newtown Residents Against WestConnex, Leichhardt Against WestConnex and Rozelle Against WestConnex also provide information about local campaigns and developments.
How to complain
- Contact WestConnex for general information and the complaint line - 1800 660 248
- Contact the NSW Environment Protection Authority about out-of-hours works, noise, dust, fumes, odour or any form of pollution.
- Contact the Department of Planning, Industry & Environment's WestConnex Compliance Officer about construction work, workers, traffic or pedestrian changes - 1300 305 695.
The Greens are calling for
- The redirection of funding from WestConnex and the M4-M5 Tunnel and Rozelle Interchange into world class public transport
- Deeper tunnelling
- Expansion of the zone of influence to 250m
- Vibration monitoring at homes within the zone of influence
- Deployment of ground movement detection and satellite technology to confirm causation of property damage
- Commitment to compensating property owners for compulsory underground acquisitions
Additionally here are some of my speeches in parliament about WestConnex and these are a range of Questions on Notice on WestConnex that our office has submitted over the years. The Greens in the NSW parliament succeeded in establishing an Inquiry into WestConnex and the Findings and Recommendations of this NSW Parliamentary Inquiry into the Impact of WestConnex are here. Further information is available via our Stop WestConnex website.
Please feel free to contact our office via email email@example.com or phone us on 95172800 should you require any further information on the impact of WestConnex.