I am very thankful I am now fully vaccinated (thank you NSW Health).
I know the roll out / availability has been far from ideal, and the systems are clunky. But there are appointments available - for AZ right now (including at local GPs and pharmacies) and for Pfizer in the coming weeks.
There are few ways to find an appointment near you right now whether you are eligible for Pfizer or AZ.
- This week, the Sydney Local Health District was added to the priority program for the Pfizer vaccine so if you are between the ages of 16-39 you can book your appointment right now. Eligible suburbs include Redfern, Enmore, Erskineville, Waterloo, Camperdown, Chippendale, Newtown and the whole Inner West LGA. Check if your suburb is eligible here and book your vaccination here
- Register for Pfizer or AZ through the Australian Government form and book an appointment right now here. You can filter for 'closest to me' or 'next available appointment'.
- If you already know you eligibility status, find the next available appointment near your through HotDoc here.
- Find a local pharmacy offering COVID jabs without an appointment here. New pharmacies are being added all the time.
- If you're eligible for Pfizer but having trouble finding an appointment quickly, this tool or this tool might help.
From Friday 30 July, adults of any age will be able to book an AstraZeneca vaccine at NSW Health clinics, including the mass vaccination centre at Sydney Olympic Park, and at about 450 pharmacies across NSW from next week. We know that the vaccine roll-out isn't without it's issues but that doesn't mean that you should delay getting your jab. Going to get vaccinated in a reasonable excuse to leave home, and it's about the best thing you can do right now to protect yourself and your loved ones.