There are many grants, scholarships and other funding opportunities available for residents and organisations within the Electorate of Newtown. If you know of funding opportunities not on our list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
Public Education Foundation Scholarships
The Public Education Foundation offers a range of scholarships to primary and secondary students in public schools. Details on currently available scholarships can be found here.
Inner West Council Grants
The Inner West Council offers a range of funding opportunities to local residents and organisations, including:
- Community History and Heritage Grants for projects that identify and interpret the Inner West’s historically significant events, places and people.
- Community Wellbeing Grants which support projects which address local issues; promote social justice; enhance wellbeing; strengthen the sustainability and capacity of Inner West Community and foster inclusion and social connection.
- Multicultural Grants Program provides financial support to plan and deliver celebrations of national cultures or national days of cultural significance to local communities across the Inner West.
City of Sydney Grants and Scholarships
The City of Sydney offers a range of funding opportunities to local residents and organisations, including:
- Accommodation grants to give organisations access to community facilities or space within City-owned premises at no charge or at a reduced rate.
- Community services grants to support organisations to deliver community programs or projects.
- Cultural and creative grants to support projects and initiatives that provide opportunities for creative participation and enhance creativity in the public domain.
Community Building Partnerships
NSW Community Building Partnerships support projects that encourage community participation and inclusion. Funds are designated to projects that build or improve community facilities.
Organisations within the Newtown Electorate can find out more about the Partnerships here.
Applications for the 2019 round of Community Building Partnerships will be open on 2 September 2019. You can find more information on how to apply and the relevant dates here.
You can see the successful projects from the 2018 round here.
NSW Government Arts Funding - Arts and Cultural Development Program
The Arts and Cultural Development Program (ACDP) offers direct funding to artists, organisations and arts workers. The program funds everything from multiyear programs and projects to professional development, and across theatre, dance, visual arts and more. Find out more about it and download a copy of the program guidelines here.
Local Sport Grant Program
The Local Sports Grants Program provides $50,000 per NSW electorate for local sport club projects and aims to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport. There are four project types within the program, these being: Sport Development, Community Sport Events, Sport Access and Facility Development.
Further information about the program, including the program guidelines can be found at here.
Further Funding Opportunities
There are a range of other funding opportunities which may be suitable for your community group. The Parliament of NSW have published these opportunities in a report which can be found here.