The Greens have been campaigning to stop WestConnex and invest in public transport since this tollroad was announced in 2012.
As the NSW Greens spokesperson on WestConnex and the Member for Newtown, Jenny has been working alongside community action groups and local residents to highlight the major flaws and devastating impacts of the $16.8 billion dirty tollroad.
The Greens were instrumental in securing an NSW Parliamentary inquiry into the Impact of WestConnex in October 2018.
The Recommendations and Findings of Inquiry can be found here.
We are calling on the NSW Labor Party to commit to cancelling the contracts if they win the state election in March 2019.
To find out more, visit our Stop Westconnex website.
The Greens have a track record of working with local communities to win campaigns against powerful, vested interests. We're committed to working with the community to stop WestConnex and invest in efficient, convenient public transport.
The Greens have a plan to scrap WestConnex and support cleaner, greener projects such as:
- An Inner West Light Rail Link heading up Parramatta Road, connecting the CBD to the inner west
- The proposed Western Sydney Light Rail Network, which would connect the Parramatta CBD to regional employment hubs such as Macquarie Park and Castle Hill
- Buying back the Airport Link from its private operator and slashing the Station Access Fee, which will take thousands off the road
- Investing in park-and-ride facilities at major train stations to encourage and divert thousands of commuters off the major roads and onto the public transport system as they commute into the city
- Integrating the cycleways for Sydney's west and inner west.