Increased cases and New Testing and Vaccination Sites
Concerningly for our local community, NSW Health is reporting increased cases and low vaccination rates in Redfern, Darlington, Waterloo, and Eveleigh. There are new testing sites and a pop up Pfizer vaccination clinic so you can walk up and get vaccinated today.
It’s also being reported that vaccination rates for 16-25 year olds is quite low. We know there are lots of reasons for this, including a lack of information and delays in eligibility, so it's really important that this age group are supported and encouraged to be able to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
How to get vaccinated quickly
Luckily, there are now a number of ways to get vaccinated quickly:
- If you are aged 16-39 and live in the Sydney Local Health District, you can now access priority Pfizer bookings. Check if your suburb is eligible here and if so you can book here!
- The Koori Vaccination Clinic is BACK at NCIE from Monday. Free Pfizer Vaccines are available for anyone who is Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander over 12 years of age and their families. Book an appointment today or just turn up between 10am and 4pm any day this week, or Thursday to Saturday next week.
- Make a booking directly for this week at one of these pop up Pfizer hubs across the city.
- Register for Pfizer or AZ through the Australian Government form and book an appointment right now here. You can filter for 'closest to me' or 'next available appointment'.
- If you already know your eligibility status, find the next available appointment near your through HotDoc here.
- Find a local pharmacy offering COVID jabs without an appointment here. New pharmacies are being added all the time.
- Find the next available appointment quickly using this tool or this tool.
Given the increase un cases in Redfern, Waterloo, Eveleigh and Darlington, it's really important to have high testing rates across the community.
If you have any symptoms, you can find your closest testing clinic here, including a brand new one at Redfern Community Centre, 29-53 Hugo St, Redfern.
The walk up vaccination clinic at NCIE is open this week and next
There is a new testing clinic at Redfern Community Centre